Those responsible for Take-Two Interactive are not satisfied with the in-house offer in the current fiscal year. However, the CEO promises Strauss Zelnick for the coming year improvement.
Take-Two Interactive, the parent company behind Rockstar Games and 2K Games, offers the players little new in the current fiscal year (April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018). Great releases are not available outside the annual sports titles “NBA 2K18” and “WWE 2K18”. This is a fact that the Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick has spoken out in a recent interview.
The next year will be packed
“2K had a very good season last year, but it was relatively thin for the company, and it did not help Battleborn to be a great success, part of it is the level of success, part of it is the program and A part of it is to find the workplaces to actually take the brands we own, and bring them to the market, “said Zelnick.
This is ultimately a collection of challenges that, in addition to the uncertainty about the duration of the AAA development, will be reflected in the current fiscal year with a thinner gamble than was hoped.
“But that was not an intention and obviously the fiscal year 2019 will be with the release of Red Dead 2 and a big new title of 2K, as well as the 2K Sports titles, the catalog, the recurring customer editions, NBA 2K Online in China, and Social Point Something like that looks much better, “Zelnick is sure of the next year.
However, Strauss Zelnick also revealed that Take-Two is working on some AAA titles created by independent developers. However, it remains very quiet with regard to these games, since there is not much to say at this time. It says, “They are in development and we will put them on the market when they are ready.”
Ultimately, Zelnick hopes that you can have some great releases every year. You would normally have an AAA title every year. The annual publication of well-known brands was not planned, with the exception of sports titles.