The World War One “Day of Infamy” by New World Interactive has now received a comprehensive update, which includes the Australians as a new faction in the game. However, numerous other content is also offered.
The responsible developers of New World Interactive have now published an extensive patch for their world war wrestler “Day of Infamy”. The so-called “Aussie Update” should be available for download free of charge. In a short trailer you can already take a look at the update.
The “Aussie Update” brings a new card, new units, new weapons and more. The players will be able to compete with Australian troops in the Rhineland for the first time. Furthermore, a new machine gun, melee weapons, Waffenskins and a revised rank list system are offered.
In addition, New World Interactive announced that “Day of Infamy” will receive a 25% discount, with all buyers being given the “Insurgency” title as a free bonus. The following English-language patchnotes already reveal all the new features:
The changes to the “Aussie Update”
• New Map: Rhineland.
• New Units: Australian unit includes new authentic voice acting and the iconic Slouch Hat.
• 2 / 17th Battalion – new Australian unit for the Commonwealth faction.
• The Black Watch – a Scottish unit for the Commonwealth faction.
• 761st Tank Battalion “Black Panthers” – an African-American unit for the US Army faction.
• 272nd Volksgrenadier Division – new brown camouflage for the German Wehrmacht faction.
• New Owen submachine gun available for Commonwealth faction on maps when the Aussie units are available.
• New Melee weapons including tools, shovels, Commando knife, brass knuckles and more.
• New unlockable veteran weapon skins and cloth wraps. Available for the K98, Lee Enfield, Springfield, and Garand rifles. • • This veteran skins unlock when kill kill for any rifle.
• Overhauled Ranking system including:
• Four additional officer ranks, including Lieutenant, Captain, Major, and Colonel.
• Introducing a new tour system that allows players to reset their rank and start again.