Although Cuphead has been on the market for a while now, the Studio MDHR guys are still working on the title and are now shipping a new patch.
The graphically 1930’s comic-inspired Shoot ’em Up “Cuphead” from Studio MDHR has received some revisions since its release in late September this year for the PC and Xbox One. Now comes the Canadian developer studio with another patch around the corner, which aims at the correction of some mistakes and a better balancing.
The update in version 1.1.3 has been available since yesterday and is intended to make life a bit easier. One of the revisions, for example, is that you can maintain your weapon charge when repelling an attack. The bosses also got a small adjustment. Added to this are a few bug fixes regarding the controller, which included Freezes, the sound or the animations. Also some counterparties were again examined more closely.
The entire range of improvements is attached.
- Fixed various freezes caused by controller disconnection/reconnection
- Fixed infinite controller rumble bug
- Fixed various freezes and soft-locks and crashes
- Improvements to saving and loading
- No longer possible to create a Mugman army.
- Fixed rapid-weapon-swap damage glitch
- Slight charge weapon damage reduction
- Charge weapon charge is now maintained during parry
- It is now possible to unequip secondary weapon, Super, and Charm from equipment menu (Press “Y” to unequip)
- Mr. Chimes no longer gets stuck or goes off-screen
- King Dice’s Start Over square will now only trigger once per attempt
- Player 2 now appears in the King Dice board after being revived at the end of a mini-boss level
- Dice Palace score now properly resets when retrying the level
- Fixed improper hit boxes on the Devil’s snake attack
- Fixed Devil’s goat attack so it hits ducking players
- Elevator on Rugged Ridge no longer locks if Player 1 dies
- A+ grade now possible on Funfair Fever and Treetop Trouble
- No longer possible to damage bosses that are off-screen
- Fixed rare crash when parrying on Carnival Kerfuffle
- Fixed Roundabout shots not coming back on screen on select stages
- Baroness Von Bon Bon death results now properly displays progress on phase 3
- Dr. Kahl’s Robot death results now properly displays progress on phase 1
- Fixed various minor collision bugs
- Various art and animation polish
- Minor sound effect bug fixes and polish
- Added spooky Mausoleum announcer
- Touch fuzzy, get a little dizzy