The publisher Bethesda has published a list of 21 facts that you should know about the upcoming shooter “Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus”. Topics include the history, the gameplay mechanics and the opponents.
Bethesda is preparing for the release of “Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus”, which is still a few months to come and mid-October for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Meanwhile, the company fills an official list of 21 points, which you should know about the shooter.
In this, the publisher is concerned with some background to the story. In addition, information on the gameplay mechanics as well as the opponents of the protagonist B.J. Blazkowicz. One of the points is devoted to the new opponents. For example, you should pay attention to the commandos, who jump through the game sections as a fast regime cyborg and shoot laser beams.
The complete list of all 21 points can be found on the official website of “Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus”. Below is a small copy-paste extract:
1. Roll command. He may be sitting in the wheelchair at the beginning of the game, but that can not stop a BJ Blazkowicz. “It is very important to us how the player controls the wheelchair,” explains Executive Producer Jerk Gustafsson, “You can move forward and backward, turn, and even sideways in the wheelchair, you have full control over this means of travel Shoot and throw grenades. ”
2. Caution! But OK, there are a few restrictions. You start with a maximum of 50 health points (instead of the usual 100) and you can not even climb stairs. But the clever level design pays for itself: from “conveyor belts” to “huge rotating gears” the “Hammerfaust” offers all possible alternatives for stairs climbing. “Steps or ladders are, of course, a real problem when you sit in a wheelchair,” says Gustafsson, “but there are a lot of different ways I find super-fun and entertaining.”
3. Where there is a will. That BJ The New Colossus begins in a wheelchair is due to his condition at the end of predecessor The New Order. It also shows Blazkowicz’s indomitable spirit: “BJ may be so badly wounded, mentally you will never break him,” says Gustafsson, “He always pulls his thing through”.
4. Strong partner. Anya is back again. She is now pregnant with twins, which does not keep her from vigorously. At the end of the first mission Reunion, we get a first impression: Anya frees BJ from a hairy situation by shooting a regime soldier. “In the first game, Anya wanted to fight the regime, but she did not know how,” said Creative Director Jens Matthies, “But then this warrior entered her life and she could learn a lot from BJ in this game Anya see. ”
5. Angel of death. There is another woman in BJ’s life, which reappears. But this is Mrs. Engel, who still has a chicken with our hero to pluck. How abominably angry she is, you can already see how she treats her leash-tested daughter Sigrun. Just look at the scene towards the end of “The Reunion”, where Frau Engel Sigrun harassed for her diary (and certain dietary habits).