The developers of Caged Element have missed the early access version of the futuristic Combat-Racer “GRIP” a comprehensive update. This brings the multiplayer into play, so you can now find a game, join a game, create a game, use an in-game chat, watch races and create a lobby.
Furthermore, the new update brings numerous new bug fixes and improvements with it. In addition, the players receive a new vehicle as well as a further race track. With the Cygon Tempest, a tank class and the fastest car in the game is offered. On the Norvos Acrophobia circuit, you will drive into the mountains. However, this is also the hardest track in the game.
With a new video you get an impression of the multiplayer. The complete English-language patchnotes also reveal what else is changing with the new software patch.
Changes to the latest update
- NEW Car! Cygon Tempest. This is a tank class vehicle, and the fastest car in the game.
- NEW Racetrack! Norvos Acrophobia. This track is high up in the mountains, and takes some serious skill to compete on. Hardest track in the game thus far
- Improved vehicle handling, which allows for more natural drifting
- Better vehicle stabilty and collision. Improved suspension model. Players should experience less general unwanted bouncing. Improved downforce calculation
- Pickups rebalanced to have less EMPs spawn, less force/damage from Raptor bullets, less damage from mines, rockets
- Improved resetting functionality
- Improved vehicle damage effects as well as others
- Added and improved various sound effects, including a “whoosh” sound when passing various objects on the track
- Full 21:9 resolution (please let us know if you still cannot use your desired screen res)
- Fixed skipping checkpoints and resetting across the map issues
- Explodable barrels removed from Time Trial
- The game now loads more quickly, taking up a bit more HDD space
- Added preliminary support for light-up keyboards
- Various fixes and improvements!Levels
- Norvos Acrophobia: It’s new! (fixed/improved a few things since Private branch version)
- Yuri: Fixed various issues with collision and AI, added obstacles to canyon path, added a few speedpads for mainly Speedster use
- Alhatra: Improved AI pathing, fixed various collision issues
- Speedbowl: Removed blue barrier from inside corner
- Transport: Fixed various collision and AI issues, added obstacles on straightaway near bridge, added some speedpads in forwards mode
- FIC Outpost: Fixed various collision issues, added speedpads, added some environment assets, improved AI pathing
- Skytrack: Added more environment assets, improved AI
- Carkour maps: Fixed issue where track splines are all messed up
- Jobsite: Fixed areas with improper blocking collision
- Fixed assassin navigation on various tracks